UL’s testing, audit and inspection services help to protect brands and public health by managing and mitigating the challenges of today’s marketplace, from production to consumption.
Our services for the Food and Beverage industry include:
- Food safety inspections
- FSMA Services
- Safe quality food (SQF) certification and training
- Food quality assurance testing
- Real-time training and advisory services
UL’s state-of-the-art food testing laboratories utilize standard test methods to accurately determine the presence of pathogens in food and beverages. Microbiological batch testing detects aerobic plate counts, yeast and mold. Our food forensics services can check for the presence and causes of alleged problems.
UL also supports manufacturers in their drive to protect public health and comply with rigorous regional regulations and standards to help ensure the safety and quality of food contact materials. UL provides testing for a wide variety of food contact materials including:
- Preparation surfaces – cutting boards, tables, stations
- Containers – cups, mugs, boxes
- Kitchenware – non-stick pots, chopping boards
- Utensils – bowls, spoons, forks, knives
- Packaging – bags, laminates, films, foils
- Contact appliances – toasters, roasters, kettles